How To Put Your Wig On
1. Give the wig a gentle shake. Don’t be rough, but don’t be afraid either.
2. Identify the front and the back of the wig. The label always goes in the back of the wig. Note: Velcro tabs or adjustable hooks for sizing should be left in place at first till you try it on.
3. Place the wig on a flat surface so you are looking inside the wig. Make sure the label is at the top (this is the back of the wig). Grasp the wig at the top (back), hands at each side of the label.
4. Slip the wig over the head from the hairline to the neck (like a bathing cap). Adjust it so it lies on the front hairline.
5. The wig should feel secure but not too tight. If needed, adjust the Velcro tabs or hooks (pull toward label to tighten, away to loosen).
Synthetic Wig Care/Maintenance
Synthetic hair like human hair requires regular care but in a little different way. By following these simple steps you can maintain your wig for long-lasting use.
Pre-Wash Preparation: Gently comb or brush hair free of all tangles or teasing. Avoid contact with the cap to keep from damaging it.
Shampooing: Gently wash in cold water with mild shampoo and conditioner. Avoid hard rubbing! Let soak for 3-5 minutes. Rinse in clear water in the direction of the hair’s roots to ends. Roll hair in a towel to absorb excess water.
Drying: Dry the wig naturally at room temperature. Do not brush or comb the wig while it is wet as this may expand the hair shafts and loosen them. Similarly, do not blow dry, microwave, or place in sunlight to try and speed up the drying process as this too will cause damage.
Styling: When the wig is completely dry, brush the wig into desired style. Its pre-set body curl will quickly bounce back into its original shape.